16 April 2014

Spelling

Spelling. Let me tell you a bit about spelling.  Me, I'm a pretty good speller - T-R-E-A-T that's easy, S-U-P-P-E-R, no problem.  S-H-E-E-P I've known since I was a puppy.  I reckon I know most words they spell out, but then they only do it to confuse Skye and the terriers I'm sure.  I've tried to teach everyone  a few words when we've had a bored afternoon,but Skye is usually too busy resting, Daisy has the concentration span of a gnat, and Pie says she's only interested in r creatures and she can manage that.  I think she spells better than she lets on anyway.  The puppy's going to be a good speller though - I think she's going to need to be mind you as A-G-I-L-I-T-Y is a bit tricky.  

Anyway today was an important day for Daisy as she's mastered how to spell W-A-L-K and with that bit of advance warning has now put herself in charge of the pre walk dancing that she, Pie and the puppy insist on.  It's chaos the way they carry on hopping up and down.  I think I'll have to intervene - maybe teach them some moon-walking or something otherwise someone's going to do themselves an injury.  And when the door is finally opened and we're told to follow them out...well, it's just three sets of heels disappearing into the yard like little wind up toys, then me, then Skye bringing up the rear (if she bothers to come at all).

Poor old Skye though, she's a bit unsteady on her pins now, but is really enjoying the sunny weather so manages the walk most times, and really just likes resting in the garden on a warm day.  Me too.  It's not a bad life without so many sheep I suppose.  I'm getting used to this R-E-T-I-R-E-M-E-N-T.

Take care

Pip xx

No comments:

Post a Comment