1 April 2014

Still waiting

Well, still no agility yet, but I'm still stretching - I'm as supple as supple can be - just call me the India rubber dog.  But I tell you what, I can't believe I used to work with the sheep every day because I was a tad stiff to be honest.  Yesterday was a quiet day - damp again, so a time for reflection. Now, that's easier said than done you might think in the mad house, but Daisy was out all day on a spa day (without me) and Pie was out hunting so that calmed the house down a lot.  


Fancy that though?  Daisy not remembering me on her spa day...Off she skipped, without so much as a backward glance and then straight up to the upstairs kennel when she got back.  I'd love to have a little tidy up as well but maybe next time - she goes often enough and always looks good when she gets back, although perhaps it's best to wait until it gets a bit warmer as I'm not sure how much choice you get as to how much is clipped off - and that would give me enough time to get my tummy a bit trimmer.  As Daisy says, there's no disguising a clipped tummy.  Hopefully I won't be given a fluffy face though...


The sheep have settled down into their new field and it's great having them so close by so I can keep an eye on them every day.  Skye says she would rather they were much further away - well out of sight, and preferably on someone else's farm.  She's worried that they might break out and she'll be the one called on to round them up.  Pie says she shouldn't worry about that - she reckons that Skye would be fifth in line and that Daisy ( the'sheep whisperer') would do a much better job anyway.  Not that she's going to be doing any whispering for a while with her lovely trim.


Take care


Pip xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment