14 May 2014

Swallows and housemartins

I love this time of year, I just love it.  Nice long days, plenty of lambs in the fields, the odd bit of sunshine and best of all, the promise of lots of sunny days still to come.  Obviously, I'd rather have plenty of my own lambs but at least I don't have to put up with Skye whining on about them and there's lots on the next door farm so I always have to check that there are no escapees onto my grass before I can relax for the day.  

The good news is that Wobbly's foot is better and that she's growing really well.

The bad news is that the puppy and Pie are back in disgrace after another late night jaunt.  I don't think they'll manage it soon though as I've overheard some chat about a fence going up in the back garden and Daisy reckons she's seen some REALLY long posts in the trailer.  About time too if you ask me...I've tried to warn them that there'd be consequences, but the puppy just doesn't listen.  After all, what do I know?  Apparently nothing, but we'll see.

The other good news is that the swallows and housemartins are getting on well with their nests.  They're such busy little things they put Skye and Daisy to shame.  It must be a grand life, all that travelling, but boy, it must be tiring.  Pie was telling Skye the other day that they do more work in one day than she's ever likely to do in her whole life, but Skye does help them - after she's had her coat brushed (which she loves, by the way), we leave the brushed out bits for the birds to pick up...that must make the nests comfy I'll bet.  The puppy couldn't believe it when Daisy told her they come back to the same nest each year after travelling to Africa and back - and no sat nav!!  All I say is thank goodness the puppy's not in charge of the route - she hasn't got the sense to find her way out of a paper bag twice

The final bad news?  Still no agility.  Aaaaargh.

Oh well, the suns out, think I'll have a quick eyelid inspection in the warm

Take care

Pipxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment