8 December 2011

Trip to the market

It's been busy here – sorting through the sheep, again, so we could take them to the market and keeping all the cows fed and toasty in the sheds. I like being busy these days – takes my mind off the wind, which as you well know, I hate...

But today as a special treat, I got to ride down with the lambs to the market. How exciting was that?? Very exciting (I'll answer for you). On a scale of one to ten, it's about 100 of excitement. I didn't let anyone know that on the way there, just snoozing in the land rover, but I did get a bit carried away once we were there. There were thousands of sheep there, thousands. If only I'd been let out...Just a shame about the wind, but poor old Daisy is cursing the weather even more than Skye and me at the moment. She went off on a trip yesterday – a 'spa day' Mandy called it – all very excited in her new coat, while Skye and I just muddled about the sheep. Skye was a bit miffed as she reckons she'd like a bit of pampering and says she has already chosen the colour of her nail varnish. Anyway, what a sight Daisy was when she got back. Looking very pretty that's for sure, but talk about shorn! Hardly any coat left and this is the middle of winter. Once we'd stopped laughing we did feel a bit sorry for her because she just looks COLD. Poor little thing – she can't believe it! Oh well, looking on the bright side, I can see the heating coming on a bit more often!

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment