11 December 2011

Snow

10 December

I got up this morning – a new day – all full of hope and joy. I love mornings. But not this morning. Oh no. This morning we've got snow – and wind. I hate snow... it stops me working the sheep, and Santa hasn't yet had chance to deliver the boots I have asked him for so it's cold feet for me today (I hope I've been good enough for him to remember me...not long now). Skye loves the snow though – just out long enough to have a bit of a roll and a game with Daisy, then straight back to bed as work is cancelled. Just her idea of bliss, finishing off her Christmas present list. Mind you the snow hasn't done Daisy any favours - she doesn't look quite so gleaming white when you see her against the snow – in fact she looks decidedly grubby.

Oh well, there's nothing I can do about the weather. We've run hay out to all the sheep and Flakey (the bull) so they look a lot happier and now we're back in with both fires on. I think I'm just going to have to take it easy for a while. Let's hope we've got plenty of biscuits in...and logs...

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment