19 December 2011

Frost settles in

Well, we've had a busy weekend here. It's been very frosty and cold all the time, which suits me just fine. I can warm up really well just by running around but best of all the mud is all frozen so I stay lovely and clean. Joy, joy, joy...As for lardy old Skye and Daisy, they prefer to stay indoors while Daisy puts on a fashion parade for Skye parading up and down in one of her new coats. I think Skye has put one onto her Christmas list!

The sheep are all eating up the hay now so we're busy feeding them a bit more regularly which is good fun – I make sure they don't get caught up under the loader by rounding them up into a heap while we unwrap the bales. It's not that easy as they're always keen to get to a fresh bale of hay, but I take it very seriously so none of them get past me – not even last years pets.

We're getting used to our new bedroom in the hall. It's very toasty, and it sometimes means if I keep my head down, I can sneak into the lambing chair in the kitchen which has it's own radiator AND is very comfy (although I haven't yet worked out how to make it go backwards which looks even more comfy).

No comments:

Post a Comment