14 December 2011

Mud...’snow’ joke

12 December

I must remember to be more careful what I wish for. The snow certainly disappeared – by yesterday it had completely gone...along with my feet which just sunk straight into the mud when I skipped out in the morning. Yuck, yuck, yuck...how's a girl supposed to keep working when it's as boggy as this. We've decided not to send any lambs away this week, and I have to say I'm glad not to be chasing them about in this mud.

Skye is sulking – she's the only dog I know that waits out by the back door cleaning her feet before she comes in, so it looks like she's going to have her work cut out. She says she's officially on strike now and will only go out when she's popping for a wee. Oh, and when she wants to stare at the cows in the shed. She and Daisy have been worrying about whether Skye will get any food when she's on strike. I reckon she will, but if not it will definitely be the shortest strike on record. Daisy has been telling us all, very loudly, that she's definitely not on strike and will definitely be hungry at supper-time...so much for solidarity with poor old Skye!

Anyway, the good news is that Skye's supper did appear, so she's pleased, and to be honest, I'm not sure anyone has noticed she's striking yet

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment