6 December 2011

Brrr...

5th December

[Sorry – technical problems with postings – thinking of sacking the IT team]

What a change we've had. Brrrr... we've got frost and chilly days all of a sudden. I quite like it, and have a good roll out in the frost every morning, which is MUCH better than having to have a bath and my feet stay nice and clean because the mud is all frozen which I like. Skye likes the log fires in the evening more than the cold starts – she's a bit like an old car in the morning and needs lots of coaxing to get going if it's chilly (she's muttering at me now.. She reckons she's much more like a Ferrari – not that she's ever seen one, but now she's looking at the Italy holidays in her brochures which is cheering her up). As for Daisy, she's never up in time to see the frost, but keeps going to bed saying she'll be up early to come out and play – but she's still a puppy really and never quite manages it.

I can tell Christmas is looming – they both went off shopping yesterday afternoon after we'd had a busy morning getting all our feeding done. I was abandoned with the dogs again – I wonder if I should be getting a better rate of pay when I have to baby sit Daisy? I wouldn't have minded a trip to the shops – I haven't managed to get Skye and Daisy much yet, and last year with the snow keeping us on farm I just gave them some nice sticks I found. Still, we enjoyed playing with them until Skye chewed them up!

Apart from that, everything seems under control (touch wood), which is just how I like it.

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment