8 August 2012

Hay on the way?

Whisper it quietly, we've cut some grass down to make hay so we're hoping for some good weather.  I had a walk in the field this morning and so far, so good!  Daisy has got her toes crossed and is hoping we'll go off for a few days once it's all baled up - we'll see, but she clearly hasn't seen the length of my list of jobs!  But I suppose some of them could wait, but where's the fun of going away to look at someone else's sheep when I could be at home working with mine?

We're in two camps about it - Daisy and Skye always like a trip away and Pie is voting with me - she thinks there are far too many things to sniff out here before going anywhere else.  We were out in the back field working a couple of days ago and she discovered rabbits there - she's been chattering about getting back out to find more ever since, but we've been too busy doing cow things - much to her frustration.

Oh well, I'm pleased my foot's getting better at least

Take care

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jerry and Mandy its andrew Becky Jack and Sam just wondering what your barly yeild was per acre :) of course it is a beast of a seed and thrives on neglect !!!! we had a lovely time in northumberland :) thankyou for the enjoyable stay

    ReplyDelete