7 March 2012

Calving just about to start

Looks like the cows have beaten the sheep to it again.  We're watching some of the heifers now and they look quite close to calving.  Fingers crossed that they don't take too much attention away from the lambing...let's just hope they just get on with it, great big brutes that they are.  Far too big for me to do much with, but I do try every morning when we bed them out.  Skye just gets her head under one of the gates and glowers at them for hours on end, but I like to get into the shed - most of them don't mind me now so it looks like persistance certainly pays.

Little westie is back in the dog house again today - along with Skye.  You think they'd learn, but oh no, far too stupid (or in Skye's case, stubborn) to do that.  Anyway, today they were taking turns to chew a grubby shoe that we all play with in the garden and wouldn't stop when they got a bit rough with it - so guess what?  It was taken away and they were surprised!!  Give me strength...I think even the hens could have worked that one out...

Oh well, at least the lambing is a day closer

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment