18 September 2012

Pie's commando team

Two days wasted on this wheat now - you just can't image how slowly these combines travel.  Crawl up the field, sloooowly turn round and crawl back down it again.  It's driving Pie and me daft, but for different reasons - I want to get on with my other jobs, but Pie just does everything at 100mph.  She's been busy hatching a daring plot to get into the combine - she reckons she knows which pedal makes it go faster and says she'd let Skye in and plonk her on the pedal.  It's not a bad plan - no-one would shift Skye once she's down and we've certainly got plenty of time to think the plan up.  Oh well, if we're still at it tomorrow, I'll let them do it.

Apart from that, winter must be on the way - we've started feeding the cows now.  Skye, Pie and I go out to help

No comments:

Post a Comment