15 January 2012

Brrrr

Winter's here for sure now it's been a lovely day here, but cold, cold, cold. The mud has all gone, but the ground is like rock. I don't mind it though – my feet stay warm enough when I'm running about and as usual, I get plenty of that moving sheep about from one field to another. Skye and Daisy just manage a quick trip out to the garden for a stretch, but are always keen to get back inside – just a couple of softies, both of them.

We've had a couple of quiet weeks here, feeding cattle and checking sheep. Boring. Just making sure that everything is ok (yawn, yawn), which is certainly a lot easier this year than last. Daisy can't really remember all the snow we had then as she was only little, so she's convinced she's freezing and is really only happy when she's got one of her new coats on. Skye has decided to eat as much food as possible so she gets a good layer of blubber to keep her warm – I tried to tell her she'd regret it when she went out to work the sheep, but she just looked at me as if I were simple and said she was retired now. Officially retired.

I hope we're getting going on the sheep again soon – I've certainly got a long enough list to get on with so I'd rather not keep concentrating on the cows any longer. I mean - we're less than two months from lambing now and this holiday has definitely been going on for long enough. I'm going to have to get a list together and leave it in the kitchen – that worked last time we needed to get some work done – otherwise I'll never get to sleep for worry that I won't be ready for all the lambs...and if that's the case, no bed will be comfy enough to help!

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment