24 February 2012

Skye works it out

We've had a temporary blip in the proceedings.  Well, I jolly well hope it's only temporary, but today we've been working away at fences.  Fences!  How's that getting the lambing sheds ready?  It's very vexing, but I'm sure it'll turn out OK in the end.

Skye has worked out that lambing is approaching and has taken to her bed with "exhaustion".  Exhaustion?  I told her the only part of her body that was ever in danger of exhaustion was her jaw, and just as well I'm a fast runner as that got her up pretty quickly...but she says she's officially in hibernation now until June, and has asked Daisy to write a letter excusing her from all duties, but making sure she still gets a big bowl of supper every day (Daisy insisted on adding that bit to the letter).

I'm making sure I'm getting plenty of rest at present and once we've checked the sheep each day, I snooze in the tractor when we're feeding the cows.  It's a big responsibility being the only "sheep mover" for the whole of lambing (well, apart from the quad, but you can't just pick one or two ewes out with that great big thing).

Roll on April...

Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment